We are always seeking experienced sub-contractors to carry out install, servicing and repair works, across London & the South East.
Sub-contractors with experience in AOV maintenance urgently required - please see our Vacancies page.
BK Fire Limited was established in 2007 by Barrie Kebbell, following 5 years’ experience as a sole trader. We have a team of hand-picked engineers, who are experienced in a wide variety of disciplines, including fire alarms, smoke ventilation, emergency lighting, access control, air conditioning, etc. Our engineers have over 130 years of combined experience, with certification from various providers to underpin that experience (e.g. City & Guilds, FIA, UKATA) and hold valid ECS/CSCS cards.
We are members of the Fire Protection Association and hold Constructionline, Safecontractor and Contractors’ Health & Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS) accreditation. We are in the process of applying for accreditation from other fire and electrical certification bodies, to emphasise our commitment to safe working practices and our ongoing commitment to quality.
We can cover all aspects of a site’s needs, from initial survey & assessment, through to commissioning and maintenance and hold Public and Products liability insurance cover (including efficacy cover) at £5,000,000, as well as Professional Indemnity Cover at £1,000,000.
We currently carry out subcontracted repair/maintenance/installation works for several companies across the South East, including the annual maintenance contracts for a local authority and several large property management companies, as well as direct work for our own clients. We are responsible for all aspects of alarm installation and maintenance, including:
• survey of properties (commercial, industrial and residential) for alarm installation / modifications;
• installation of conventional, addressable and wireless alarm systems;
• commissioning of new installations and modifications to existing systems;
• repairs and additions to existing systems;
• scheduled and reactive maintenance of various types of fire and alarm system (inc smoke vents, emergency lights, CCTV, access control, gas extinguishant); and
• work carried out in all types of environment, e.g. residential homes, schools, offices, shops, warehouses, churches, banks, requiring CRB/security clearances and awareness of user needs in planning works.